Sunday, January 4, 2015

Make Up Academy lipstick review!


HAPPY NEW YEAR BLOGGERS!!!

It has been a fabulous 2015 so far! I had the privilege of spending my New Years with some great friends who hosted a little party at theirs. Sean and I stayed over and spent both the Eve and New Year's Day playing games, laughing and eating fabulous food!

It's the Sunday evening now before my routine goes back to normal and work begins. Having had the last two weeks off to spend it with people I care about and relax, I'm now feeling a little bit deflated. You know the feeling after a great holiday when you have to come back home? Yep, that feeling!

Not to mention that sluggish, guilty feeling after having eaten far too much of the fatty stuff!



To cheer myself up I figured the best thing to do would be to dive straight into my first post of 2015! What better way to do this by telling you, my readers, about some great bargains I have discovered. As you can see above I had a mini haul from Poundland, Boots and Superdrug this time.

The products I would like to tell you about this evening though came from the MUA concession in Superdrugs. They also have a website, which can be found here on http://www.muastore.co.uk/.

I have purchased a couple of their pencil eye liners before but never really thought they were something to write home about. So imagine my surprise when I saw they did a wide range of lipsticks for only a £1.00 each?!




 On this occasion I picked up 3 contrasting colours to compare. 


Lilac Belle...
























Pouty Pink...





Totally Nude...







First of all, for a budget product, I would like to point out that these lipsticks do look great! I like the contrasting white and silver coloured casing as well as the simplicity of the logo. I applied some lip balm on my lips first as these are Matte shades so do not moisturise your lips as glossy ones would.

I like all three shades and will definitely be going back for more. Here's how I got on...


Pouty Pink!





Out of all them though my favourite just has to be Lilac Belle. I adore this purple shade and with my newly dyed, deep purple hair it goes well with a simple dark eye liner flick!



Let me know if you try these out at all and what you think! I would also love to hear about any other lipstick shades you may have tried from this range! 

Thank you for reading my first post of 2015 and I look forward to fellow bloggers sharing their pages with me! 

Coming Soon... How I get on with 3 (yes 3!!!) 30 Day Challenges using the free Apps on my phone.... Abs, Squats and Push Ups!




Love from 

Scribbles!

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment