Sunday, February 1, 2015

Vivienne Westwood : Let it Rock

Where to begin? It was pay day last Friday and having not splashed out on a fabulous new scent for quite some time (almost a year would you believe?!) I decided to purchase a perfume online. Now, I know what you must be thinking... is she mental?? Who buys a perfume before at least testing it first?! I know, crazy!  
As a girl that loves a good bargain though life is often a bit of a gamble so what the heck....I gambled!
So after a quick look online I found there to be quite a few promotions on Very in time for Valentines Day!
The one that definitely caught my eye was Vivienne Westwood's Let it Rock.


The saving was fantastic and I could not wait until it arrived! Amazingly, it arrived the following morning so I was very very VERY excited!



I was pleased when it arrived, the packaging is great. Firstly, for me, what stood out was the graffiti-type font on the bottle and the legendary top! I am a bit of a fan of perfume bottles to be completely honest. Some of them are quite genius! Previous to this one my favourite was the Angel bottle. Futuristic, sharp edges yet oddly feminine? It appealed to my girly and geeky sides!
When I tried Let it Rock for the first time this weekend I sprayed the first spray with an open mind. I have read numerous views and most of them seem to be written by young, disappointed teenagers! It's not a delicate fragrance at all. In fact I would describe it as sophisticated. 
Exactly what I wanted.
It is woody, floral and fruity all at the same time. I know perfume can often smell differently on people but for me it's a scent that kept on changing. It lasted for a long time and when it settled I could appreciate the different notes; jasmine, patchouli, mandarin, freesia and amber! Crazy that one perfume could have so much going on but I love it.

Thanks to Marie Salamagne I think I may have a new favourite scent! (See the link to this excellent website with a list of her other perfumes!)
What's your favourite perfume? Do you wear more than one or have an all time favourite?

Thank you for reading ladies! I hope you have all had a wonderful weekend! One of my friends had her hen do which I joined for the meal and a drink after on Saturday. On Sunday I had a wonderful roast cooked by Sean and we shared it with our friend Kirstie! All in all a fab weekend!

Cheers!




Love from

Scribbles

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment