Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Face Facts! This winter is sticking around!

As winter lingers some or all of us, at some point, suffer with dry, irritating or cracked skin! Gross right?! It's hard enough trying to decide what to wear in England during the cold months never mind looking after your skin and keeping up with a routine that works EVERY single time. 

I have spent most of my teen years battling spots and now as I get a bit older it is the occasional breakout on my chin, dry skin or slight redness in my cheeks! It is a never ending war between you and winter, which only seems alleviated by CASH! I think the most important thing for me though is using sensitive products that will not irritate my skin further. 

SO...

What have I been 'wearing' so far this winter?

Well, firstly I think it is important to have a facial scrub and wash that can be used daily. These two gorgeous products by Neutrogena accompany me in the shower every single day...


Having sensitive skin meant for me that I had to find a scrub for my face that was not too harsh. I need exfoliation but if the 'grains' are too course it usually ends up causing dry patches or a small breakout. I discovered this product completely by accident by trialling many that did not work. Once I found 'Visibly Clear' in pink grapefruit I have not looked back once. It can be quite pricey depending on what your budget is but Superdrug currently have a promotion on so I was able to obtain these two under £3.00 each!

BARGAIN!

I use the facial wash after the scrub as it is quite thick and moisturising. For me, it calms the skin down after exfoliation and prepares it for the moisturise I use every day under my make up. Not to mention, both products leave your face feeling fresh and smelling beautifully of pink grapefruit!

This brings me nicely onto moisturiser. Does anyone else finding it really difficult to find the right moisturiser for them? My chin can be quite greasy whilst my T-zone is often dry so it is a case of opting for one that is for 'combination skin'.

I am trialling something at the moment that has never ever touched my face before so I am hoping that there will be a noticeable improvement in a week or so....


Clean & Clear advantage spot control moisturiser is light, non-greasy and soaks into the skin fast, which is perfect pre make-up! I have been using this for about 3 or 4 days now and I like how it feels so far. 

Fingers crossed, it will help reduce breakouts as well as continuing to moisturise the rest of my face effectively.

What is your face wearing this winter? I would love to hear from those of you who have found the right products for them OR those of you trialling something new!

Thanks for reading,

Love

Scribbles

xXx




4 comments:

  1. Oh, I haven't tried the Neutrogena ones yet! I love their cleansers, and I'm in need of a scrub so desperately!
    xx
    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I definitely recommend this one! It's so gentle on the face and really helps buff up and keep that natural shine :)

      Delete
  2. I love Garnier products! They always work well..

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have a gentle version which I love, too!

    (='.'=)
    -Lauren
    adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete